Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Long Beach Sprint Tri 2012

My goal was to take 2012 off from participating in events. I felt September was 'late' enough in the year, and my 'training' has been pretty good. So I opted for the Long Beach Sprint Tri.

In 2010,  LB Tri was my first triathlon, and what started the addiction, so I was excited to do this race again and have some fun to PR. I recommend this race to any 1st-timers. Its not super crowded and everyone is insanely nice. Other "hard core" events I've been to have some "serious-no-nonsense athletes" who aren't too forgiving to the newbies. LB Tri is full of newbies, so everyone just has fun, and shares the love.

While doing this race, I forgot how FUN events can be. I loved, LOVED, every single second of this race, and can't wait to do it again.

I had so much fun, and I bet my previous time by 6 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment