Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last run for 2011

Today's run felt awesome, I was able to get in some more miles and add in a few nice hills.

Last year I set a goal of running 1000 miles. Although, I didn't complete my goal, the journey was awesome and I met some fantastic people in the process.

The main reason for missing my goal was bad planning. I wasn't expecting school to be 4 days a week and for school to be so demanding (on top of working a full time job). Also Triathlon training took up any time I did have for training. Running 4-5 days a week, ended up to only being 2 days a  week with the other days swimming and biking.  Thus I only hit about half my goal, I think I came in around ~600-ish miles. I don't know the exact mileage for sure because my nike+ system malfunctioned often.

I don't have any events planned and I don't think I will do a tri in 2012.. If I do,  I hope to do Barb's race at the end of July 2012.. but we'll see....

So.. the goal will reset for 2012. I plan to refocus on running to improve and get faster.

Happy Running!
Kick Ass-phalt 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment