Thursday, June 23, 2011

How to adjust a Valeo Jump Rope

Recently I've heard about the great benefits of jumping rope. Depending on your weight, in an hour, you can burn 500 calories (for 100lbs) to 1000 calories (for 200lbs) per hour, which is pretty intense. I would burn about 1000 calories doing a 30+ mile bike ride, with hills. So jumping rope does sound much "easier" and less expensive than my road bike.

good article on jumping rope via Livestrong.com




So I bought on Amazon for about $5 a pretty decent and cheap speed rope. 
Valeo Jump Rope Speed. 

However my only problem was when it arrived, it was really really long. But Luckily I figured an easy way to adjust it. 









Step 1: Remove the foamy part. 












Step 2: Push the loose end of the rope, up into the handle. This will cause the rope inside to push the cap up, allowing you have enough room to slip a flat head screw driver into the crack. 

















Step 3: Once the cap is off, adjust the rope to your height. 


  • Stand in the middle of the rope. Pull the handles up so the rope is tight, you want the handles to be a bit under your armpits.


Once you find out how much rope you need, you can either re-clamp the metal part, or be lazy like me, and just tie a knot. 


















Step 4: If needed, cut off excess, recap the handle, and put the foamy part back on. You only need to do this one 1 side of the rope. I tried stuffing the excess back into the handle, but it didn't fit, so I had to cut it, I removed about 1.5ft of the rope.



Enjoy and start burning some calories. :)

5 comments:

  1. The one main thing that has prevented me from getting into jump-roping has been that I haven't been able to figure out how to make my rope the right length. I have several jump ropes hanging uselessly on the bannister near the door to the outside. Now that' I've read this I'm going to take a look at them and see if I can do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I hope it works! let me know how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 16, 2013

    Worked perfect. Thanks for th advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to share this post.jump rope is a very good product.

    ReplyDelete