Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flexr Sports Bike Hydration Kit

I'm pretty clumsy and uncoordinated. To even to reach down and grab my water bottle while riding is a challenge, and I end up not drinking as much as I need.

So I was really happy to find a convenient and affordable way to get water!

The Flexr bottle is pretty much just a bottle with a very long straw. 

With the Flexr Bottle, all you needed was your normal water bottle cage.  
Also, the bottle comes with liners, so you can put in your mixed protein/carbohydrate liquids in your bottle, and don't have to worry about getting mold or a funky smell.
Just toss out the old liner each time. The liners are pretty cheap, and I only use it when I have mixed drinks in there. I don't worry about it when I use water.


Step 1: Measure out how much tubing you need

Step 2: Strap the tube on 
  • Now the kit comes with Zip ties, but this prevents you from removing the straw to clean it. So I use Velcro Straps. You can find Velcro straps pretty cheap at any stationary store, or my favorite - Amazon!
Step 3 - Cut and put the mouth piece back on
  • Make sure you position the mouth piece correctly. You have to bite down to get the water to come out, so if its the wrong side up, it'll never open. 




And now you have Hands Free Water on your bike :-D

Other alternatives to hands free water....


  • An Aero Bottle Profile Design Aero Drink System but you needed aero bares for it to work, which I didn't have.
  •  Or a Speedfil (almost $100) Inviscid Design Speedfil which also needed to be installed on your bike (more $) and is pretty much the same idea with a very long straw.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lily,

    Those are nice alternatives to a camelback. I have used the camelback with a bite valve many times,but occasionally have just used water bottles. I think everyone has one time or another had a close call with a bottle reach.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete