- Plan your outfits
- This is the best way to save space and not carry extra outfits. How often do you come back from a trip and think, "I didn't even wear half the stuff I brought"
- I know this is tough for girls who are more indecisive about what to wear.. So ladies.. try to make some "tough decisions" and pick an outfit.
- Pants - If you think about it, normally, we wear the same 2 or 3 pair of jeans repeatedly for months. So why change it? Bring 2 pair of jeans, (1 that is darker so you can use it at a fancy restaurant), and wear 1 on the plane/bus/train/car, etc. (if your traveling during the winter, bring 1 more pair so you can rotate if 1 gets wet from rain.
- Tops - bring a different shirt for each day, shirts are easy and thin enough to pack. Bring 1 fancy shirt in case you go to a nice place for dinner
- Shoes take up the most room. So wear your biggest pair (ex running/tennis shoes) and pack your dress shoes or flipflops that take up less room.
- Ladies - look for fancy sandals that can double as casual everyday/walking shoes but can also be worn to a fancy restaurant.
- examples - wear your sneakers, jacket, sweater, etc that your plan to bring. It will save you space in your suitcase.
- This is my favorite tip that I learned from another friend. Since you're only gone for a week or so, you dont need a WHOLE bottle of bathroom amenities. Just squeeze the amount needed into the lens case. Lens cases are dishwasher safe.
- Also you can grab small sample containers at Sephora.
- often samples will last you enough for a weekend trip.
Now putting it all together.
- Roll your clothes
- Biggest/heaviest on the bottom, smaller/lighter/thinner items on the top