Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stop the Itch - Method 1

Lately, my friends and I have been tackling ~10 mile hikes each weekend.
However, as we get into the belly of summer weather.. the bugs have come out to feast.

Next time I'll be prepared with Deet, but on my last hike I unfortunately got 5 bites. Thankfully I was wearing longer capris, so only my calves and ankles got bite.

I havent gotten bit this many times in a looong time.. I forgot how itchy these suckers are.
I tried several different anti itch creams, that did nothing.. They'd work for a VERY short while, and the itch would come back. So I Googled..

I came across this site and "How to Stop Mosquito Bites from Itching":
 http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Mosquito-Bites-from-Itching

I Love home remedies and this site offers alot of them.

So I tried the "Baking Soda Method" (I have lots of baking soda around the house)

1: add a little bit of water & baking soda to make a paste.
2: Cover the area with the paste.

Instantly, the itch and burning stopped. And the relief lasted a long time, (as long as the baking soda stays on your skin) As the baking soda dries, it will slowly start to fall off or rub off.

After having all the baking soda fall off, I used Athletic tape to hold it in place, That way you can wear clothes or go to sleep without it rubbing off.



No comments:

Post a Comment