Monday, April 16, 2012

Showering at the Gym.. one of life's great lessons

For years I wouldn't dare enter the gym showers with all the rumors of disease and bacteria. I was always one of those people who took really long showers like 20+ mins and always over packed. It would take me an average of 1 to 1.5 hours to get ready. I was never able to understand how a person could take a 2-5 min shower and get ready in 10 mins or less. Even when I tried to be quick, it never worked out.
 As odd as it sounds, I'm really glad I started showering at the gym.

I overcame my fear of the gym showers when I started swimming at they gym pool, (you really can't skip the showering part). After a week or so, I learned how to take a fast shower, because you  never know when someone is gonna "not know you're there" and open your shower door. And because its just too cumbersome to carry all the bathroom/makeup amenities, I learned how to bring just the necessities to the gym and find products with multiple uses, (ex. 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner, and soap). Also getting ready at the gym, you need to be quick, else you'll get the death stare from other girl waiting for the mirror space.  (I'm also guilty of giving the stink eye to ladies who take up the whole counter and not just a spot.)

Its been years since I've spent a long time in the bathroom getting ready and I feel really proud of myself, as silly as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment