Tuesday, November 23, 2010

1000 miles in 2011

I've been using the Nike+ system since 2008 but never really got into the Nike+ community until recently.
I paused using it for about half a year because my sensor died, and I was too lazy to get a new one.. Thats the one thing that sucks about this system. $$$ But if you have an Iphone, you can download the Nike+ app, for only 1.99 which tracks you via GPS. much cheaper than a $60 system, and a $20 sensor that needs to get replaced every 3-6 months.

With the Nike+ system, it tracks your runs and uploads it to the community where it keeps a log of all the runs you've done. Its a pretty nifty tool.

Here are a few snapshots













Originally I just used it to track my own runs, but you can also make Goals for yourself, and training plans so you can complete that 5k, 10k, or marathon. Its pretty helpful.

But what I've really been hooked on are the "Challenges!"

You can join any challenge or even create your own, and see who wins, or completes their goal.

I created a challenge for myself and my Nike+ friends to run 1000 miles in 2011. Its open to anyone, and there are actually like 5 other people who have created the same challenge so I joined those as well. It sounds daunting but its about 20 miles a week. Not too shabby.

I've also joined lots of other challenges people have created such as Guys vs Girls, Which State can log the most miles, Which Age Group, and Country, and more.

These all just for fun, but you feel accountable to win, and instead of skipping that run, to LOG IN THOSE MILES!!

Since I created the challenge, I better not wimp out.

No comments:

Post a Comment