Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Why, Hello Endorphins!

Today I woke up feeling, not my best.. I didn't feel ill, or angry, or on the wrong side of the bed.. I woke up feeling sad. Not depressed, just upset and clingy (if I could've clinged to someone or something - I would've) I felt like I just needed a hug.. all day long..

I really had nothing to be upset about, I couldn't pin-point the cause to anything. i just wanted to hide in my closet, and wait for tomorrow.

We've all had those days.. really nothing causes it or relieves it.. (or is there?)

I knew I had to go for a run.. and in the back of my mind, I knew that I would probably feel better after my run..

I did 6 sprint intervals.. and at the end.. I feel great.. The feeling of Woe from this morning has vanished.. and I'm ready to tackle the rest of the day.
Exercise really does help release endorphins and emotions of feeling great.
So next time you feel in a rut.. go out an run :-D

and even if it didn't help, at least you burned off yesterdays bagel. (+1 pt)

Happy running everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment