Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sneak in more Protein

Here is an a Super Easy and Healthy way to sneak in some more protein into your diet.

Its important to get adequate amount of protein in your diet to build Lean Muscle Mass. Your muscles need protein to maintain itself and to get stronger. If you start cutting calories, and especially the protein, your muscles will wither away, leaving you lighter in weight, but flabby.

You want to get tone, not flabby.

How many grams protein to do you need per day?

A good gauge is to take your weight. 
-divide by 2 (if you want to build more muscle)
-divide by 3 (if you want to get lean but not bulk up too much)
anywhere inbetween 2 & 3 is a good number to be at.

If you want to build lots of muscles, go 1 for 1, 1lb / 1 gram of protein. Some guys actually do more than that..

example
weight 125
divide by 2 : 62.5 grams of protein
divide by 3: 41.6 grams of protein.

I cant' take all the credit for this, my b/f showed me this.
  • Oatmeal 8g
  • Egg white (or with yolk your pref) 4g
  • Soy milk 7g
  • Protein powder (as much as you like)
  • mix it all together, microwave. 
  • Done. 
You get 19g alone, without the powder, if you add in 10-15 grams of powder, you're already at close to 30-35 grams in just 1 meal.

Its much easier, and less fattening than eating a ton of chicken or steak.


Oatmeal (Kashi has 8 grams of protein)
Egg whites about 4g




Add as much protein powder - I do a spoonful about 10-15g
Soy Milk, about 7g



Add it all together, microwave for 2 minutes







3 comments:

  1. I like your idea for getting easy protein. My only problem is I don't like oatmeal. Maybe cookie dough would work. lol.

    BTW, I wanted to thank you for visiting my other blog about writing. Perhaps it was by accident, but thanks either way. I was beginning to feel lonely. Ha Ha.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken,
    Yea I wasn't fond of oatmeal for a very long time, but you get used to it, and its not too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete